New Threats to Housing & Homeownership in Napa
Housing is once again caught in the crossfire in the battle over vineyard development. A new County proposal could amount to a ban on residential activity in thousands of areas in Napa County. The multiple layers of restrictions could potentially render lots unbuildable, diminishing the value of residential property and the availability of developable parcels. Our Board of Directors and Government Affairs team are monitoring closely and engaging decision-makers as the proposal moves forward.
The Board of Supervisors hearing is set for March 26. We will distribute talking points and ways to help advocate in the coming days – please save the date and watch for updates!
The proposed ordinance would:
- Ban housing development on slopes over 30% and limit expansion in new setback areas
- Expand definitions of streams and wetlands, creating larger setbacks around both
- Limit the planting and removal of trees and bushes – increase canopy requirements
- Make sweeping changes with limited justification, mapping, or outreach to owners
- Resources: Draft Ordinance, Maps, NVR Articles
Information provided by: North Bay Association of REALTORS, Government Affairs located at